A business development executive is responsible for researching and pursuing new business leads for the growth of the business. The role involves active coordination across teams and demands exceptional inter-personal skills. The executive is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of an organisations products/services.
Job roles and responsibilities
The role of a Business Development Executive is to assist the organisations sales and growth efforts by contributing to new customer acquisition. He/she should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients and keep the senior management updated about marketplace and competitor activity. The primary role and responsibilities of a Business Development Executive include:
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities
- Keep prospective client database updated
- Make cold calls for new business leads
- Support in writing new business proposals
- Maintain knowledge of all product and service offerings of the company
- Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for acquisition of customers, submission of tenders etc.